The Application for the 2016 Summer Bridge Application is closed. We will let parents and students know when the 2017 Summer Bridge Program is beginning in the near future. Thank you!
This summer we are very excited to be offering a Summer Bridge Language & Thinking program at UAMA. The program runs from 9:00 a.m. to 1:00 p.m. from Monday July 25 through Friday, August 12, 2016. Breakfast and lunch will be provided.
The Summer Program is designed to provide you with an opportunity to improve your academic skills in Literacy, Writing, Critical Thinking, and to earn a high school credit before you begin in the fall of 2016. Research shows that surpassing 11 credits by the end of 9th grade in an important target to stay on track for high school success and on-time graduation, as well as to be better prepared for college. The goal of this program is not only to develop your academic skills but also to have fun learning, build relationships, and help you transition into high school.
What can this program do for you?
It will give you the opportunity to:
· Increase your college awareness through classes and extra-curricular activities
· Explore the importance of the arts in education
· Strengthen your literacy skills and
· Increase the effectiveness of your argument formation
· Build confidence and practice in the communication of ideas
· Develop critical and imaginative thinking; and
· Earn a high school credit
Seats are limited, and will be given on a first come, first serve basis.Read More